View Single Post
Old 13-09-2023, 10:32 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 284 / Power: 14
xiaosiong is one of the Best!xiaosiong is one of the Best!xiaosiong is one of the Best!
Re: It changes everything....

A quick introduction of myself. I am 185cm tall, and weighs 82kg. I grew up with very little in a single parent family. From young, i envy all the kid who has both mom and dad, whom takes oversea vacation, whom gets to own a computer, whom gets to visit all the places of interest in Singapore.

My childhood had always with my grandparents, as my mom has to hustle. She is insistence that i am her responsibility, and my grandparent should not be financially involved. The only thing i had is a basketball, which was given to me by an aunt on my 10th year birthday. Apparently, my cousin got 2 of the same from his birthday, and she decided to give 1 to me.

Ever since, i live, breath and sleep with it, as it is so precious to me. One day, i went to the basketball court next to the hdb and started bouncing it, and my passion for the game starts to grow. With literally nothing to play at home, i spend almost every after school hour at the court playing. Sometime, bigger boys or adults were playing, and i observe them from afar. Occassionally, due to missing 1 player, they will asked me to join in to make up a 3v3 or 4v4. Due to me spending almost all my free time at the court, i spend a significant time playing with people above my age, and that really trains me to be many levels ahead of my peers.

Not surprising, i chose basketball as my CCA as i enter secondary school, and my first practice made the teacher incharge jaw dropped. Even the B boys can't guard me. In one of the C boys ISG, i literally 1v5 the opponent school the whole game as my other team mates were outsize or outplayed by that atas school. For almost 70% of the game, 3 players were guarding me. While we lost that game (basketball is ultimately a team game), i become famous. On my next game, there are many more other seniors by the side watching me, and once again, i shine. Since then, i became a celebrity. All the ah bengs wants to be my friend. Girl blushes when they see me. My fame went on into B boys, and i even got the first ever color awards for my school. My mom were especially proud of me. She were crying when i brought it home, and said she did nothing to get me to where i am, and she is guilty. She knows many parents were there watching their kid play, but she is not. Well, growing up in a single family, i am sensible enough to know she is trying her best to be both a mother, a father, and a breadwinner at home, and i never blame her. With such level of fame, naturally i was invited for combined school team. However, due to the distance needed to travel for training, and most of the training were after school, i rejected the invite as i only has that little time with my mom and i do not want to waste it training. Basketball is ultimate a game, a passion, and not a career to me

Luckily for me, due to my talent, i had manu good teacher and coaches watching over me all the time, therefore i never strayed. I never smoke a single cig, nor did anything to break my mom's heart. Due to the level of intensity of my training, my physique is well built and lean. I had especially broad shoulder and strong arm. Many mistaken me as a swimmer.