The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature

Notices

Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature Visit Sam's Alfresco Heaven. Singapore's best Alfresco Coffee Experience! If you're up to your ears with all this Sex Talk and would like to take a break from it all to discuss other interesting aspects of life in Singapore,  pop over and join in the fun.

User Tag List

Old 01-05-2015, 08:40 AM
Sam's RSS Feed Bot - I'm not Human. Don't talk to me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10000241 / Power: 3356
Sammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up My Idol Alvin Tan's take on my idol Amos Yee breaking of bail conditions

An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

My idol commenting on my another Idol...perfect!!!!

Amos Yee is definitely bright (brighter than 99% of Singaporeans for sure), but he's not too strategic with his actions. First, a stranger posted bail for him at S$20,000. He violated his bail conditions by bitching about the judge, prosecutor, police, and investigating officer online. Fine, we all understand his frustrations (especially me, since I myself have had dumb conditions like "no posting on the internet" imposed upon my bail too, but I actually kept quiet, unlike him). Now he got arrested again, and bail is set at S$30,000 now. Would anyone want to post bail for him this time, knowing that he's the loose cannon that he is?

I mean, if you're going to violate your bail conditions, do it at the right time and for the right reason. I flushed down the drain RM20,000 in bail money too, but I did it almost a year after my prosecution -- when all the heat has pretty much died down -- and for the purpose of regaining my freedom and starting life anew in America.

Would you pay RM20,000 to go to live and work America, legally, with a clear pathway to citizenship in five years? What's RM20,000 for an awesome privilege like that? That's ~US$5,600. I can make that back in two months working as a lowly waiter. The rest is pure profit. Investors pay at least $500,000 to gain an EB-5 visa, to live and work in America. Conversely, all I had to do was to forfeit RM20,000 and my privilege to ever return to Malaysia.

Instead, what did Amos gain? Nothing really, except to get his message across. The costs? Enormous. If anyone posts bail, he can further expect more stringent conditions on his bail. He already has to report to a police station every day at 9 a.m. (I had to report to the police station every month back then, whatever time I wish).

If I were him, I'd totally keep quiet and find for other things to do now, like saving up to escape. During my time out on bail (from July 2013 to May 2014), I couldn't do much on the internet, so I took that time to: 1) write a book, 2) make some short films, 3) Tinder and get laid, 4) travel (I finally went to Sabah and Sarawak with Vivian, in 2013 and 2014 respectively), 5) start going to the gym, and the remaining time 6) I researched intensively and planned meticulously the steps required, including troubleshooting, to escape Malaysia and establish myself in America without getting deported back.

I was lucky that I didn't need to work, because I was sort of independently wealthy in Malaysia due to my stock market possessions. I just sold shit off whenever I needed cash, not to mention that I was getting good passive cash flow from my software business.

If you're smart, Amos, which you are, make the best of this time now to save up and research. You're smart and my equal (probably even smarter), but I was a resourceful adult with some financial means and proven survival skills when I was prosecuted -- you aren't. Yet you have youth on your side, while I'm no spring chicken anymore. Just remember, Singaporeans are daft and very forgetful. If you lie low for a while, people will even forget that you're being prosecuted, and time heals all wounds. No doubt trial will begin in May, but do your best to prolong the process and keep your liberty while you figure out what to do.

My trial was originally scheduled in August 2013, but my lawyer managed to drag it all the way till January 2014 by challenging the constitutionality of s.298A of the Penal Code all the way to the Federal Court, which ruled that s.298A, while constitutional, did not apply to non-Muslims (quirky pronouncement, since the Penal Code is civil law, but that's the way it is). Trial was then postponed to July 2015. If trial commenced in January 2014, and I didn't have my passport yet, I would have slipped out to Thailand via Golok. I wouldn't be so stupid to show up in trial, only to get sentenced to years in prison to please some stupid Malay pigs.

Thank god it didn't come down to that.

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1