The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 11-03-2022, 10:14 AM
Veteran Samster

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3472 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 108444 / Power: 162
Naka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Food glorious food! Thailand

Ah Ou Bangrak (ร้านอาอู๋ บางรัก)

Address: Soi Charoenkrung 72/4, Charoenkrung Rd., Wat Phraya Krai, Bang Kho Laem, Bangkok 10120
Open hours: 5 pm – midnight daily
Prices: Anywhere from 200 – 500 THB per person

ที่อยู่ ซอยเจริญกรุง 72/4 แถวโรงแรมแม่น้ำ ถนนเจริญกรุง, บางคอแหลม บางโคล่ กรุงเทพมหานคร 10120
โทร. 084-006-6142 , 085-912-6409 , 02-673-1602
เปิดบริการ ทุกวัน 17:00-00:00 น.

How to get there:
Ah Ou Bangrak (ร้านอาอู๋ บางรัก) is located on Charoen Krung Road, south of Saphan Taksin, very near to Asiatique, and just outside the Ramada Plaza Menam Riverside, and a short distance from the Chatrium Riverside (if you stay here, you should check out this restaurant for sure). You can either take the BTS to Saphan Taksin, and jump in a bus or taxi to get to the restaurant, or go directly to Charoen Krung Soi 72/4 by taxi.

Ah Ou Bangrak (ร้านอาอู๋ บางรัก) serves fantastic upscale Thai Chinese street food in Bangkok.

Apart from the hoy jaw (หอยจ้อ), which I just don’t care for too much personally, everything else was marvelous.

I especially loved the stir fried fish maw, the razor clams, and the Hong Kong style fried noodles (Ok, I loved everything we ordered).

I also thought the price was a pretty good deal for the quality of the food. Like I said before, when you eat upscale street food here, the prices are high because of the ingredients, not the atmosphere – and I like that.

If you enjoy Thai Chinese food, and especially love seafood, you should go check out Ah Ou Bangrak (ร้านอาอู๋ บางรัก).

ONE MAN'S MEAT IS ANOTHER'S POISON

"A FR is to give reader an idea of what to expect, the pics and style of writing are to spice things up, to give more space for imagination, most important thing is we share and we enjoy."

Bros with rep power are welcome to exchange 162 points daily
Old 15-03-2022, 02:35 PM
Veteran Samster

Naka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond repute

Mung Korn Khao Noodle 雲吞麵 มังกรขาว

Open daily: 18:15-23:45
Address: Yaowarat Rd, Khwaeng Samphanthawong, Khet Samphanthawong, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10100, Thailand
Tel: +66 97 236 1368

If you ask, how do we know where to eat in Bangkok? Honestly, most of the time we are as clueless. Of course I do my own research, and I get recommendations. But whenever we eat in a eatery, we get recommendations from the stall owners themselves what else is good to eat in the area. That’s how we eat in Thailand. After having a delicious bowl of bird’s nest in Yaowarat, the stall owner recommended us to eat wanton mee at the junction of Yaowarat Road and Yaowa Phanit. She says,”Nothing beats this stall’s wanton mee, but very little, I need to eat at least 3 bowls.”

She is so right. This bowl of wanton mee is only about one huge tablespoon, with little crab meat, we finished like 3 bowls of it? Never mind about the portion, at least they are very friendly owners unlike SabX2 which is totally not worth the hype and too expensive (read my complaint about SabX2 here).

At Mung Korn Khao Noodle, it is her HK style thin egg noodles that won the hearts of many. She tosses the noodles in hot boiling water, put it in ice water and returns for final toss in the hot water. What you get is reall QQ baa mee. And that lonely wanton, mixture of prawns and minced pork, juicy juicy lah! It’s quite easy to find that stall because they are the one with a huge crowd and long queu

"A FR is to give reader an idea of what to expect, the pics and style of writing are to spice things up, to give more space for imagination, most important thing is we share and we enjoy."

Old 21-03-2022, 10:26 AM
Veteran Samster

PLAENG NAM SHARK FIN-BIRD'S NEST

47 Plaeng Nam Rd, Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100, Thailand
Open : 12.15 - 22.45 (Mon.-Sat.)
Phone: +66 2 222 8716

Plaeng Nam Shark Fin-Bird’s Nest is one of those shops that either you love to hate or hate to love. The front of the shop looks like it has seen better time. The hygiene needs upgrade. However, it’s the food that we are here for.

There are many shops selling sharks fins and bird’s nest in Yaowarat Chinatown but our favourite is Plaeng Nam Shark Fin-Bird’s Nest. Recommended by well-known Hong Kong travel columnist Roger Wu, Plaeng Nam Shark Fin-Bird’s Nest is very popular shop among Chinese.

I am not a fan of sharks fins, but their bird’s nest in coconut has got to be my favourite. It’s juicy, healthy and not too sweet. Putting it into the coconut gives it a subtle aroma, the perfect guilt free dessert served hot or cold. We had the 3rd class bird’s nest in coconut. Guess how much is it? 250 baht only, which is less than 10 SGD! They also have other stir fry dishes like crabs and oyster omelette. The owner is very friendly, you can speak mandarin to her, not a problem. Check out for Miss Tam Chiak’s certificate when you are there!

Old 25-03-2022, 07:33 PM
Veteran Samster

Maeklong Noodle & Leng Sap (inside Jodd Fairs)

Opening Hours: 11AM – 12AM, Daily
Address: Rama IX Rd, Huai Khwang, Bangkok 10310
Telephone: +66 8 1374 7554

For those itching for spicy food, Maeklong Noodle & Leng Sap at Jodd Fairs should be the first eatery you visit.

The restaurant’s signature dish is a giant bowl of spicy soup with a mountain of pork spine, served with a side of hot rice.

In our opinion, that won’t be able to fill you up unless you order more than one bowl of rice.

Other spicy dishes such as Larb Moo, Stir Fried Morning Glory, and Som Tum are also available at Maeklong Noodle & Leng Sab.

Old 29-03-2022, 10:44 AM
Veteran Samster

Jeng Kung Fish Ball Noodle Ban Mo

118 Phahurat Rd, Khwaeng Wang Burapha Phirom, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200
OPEN MON-SAT: 10.00 – 14.00
T: 087-082-5142

I got a tip of this tiny and ‘hidden-away’ fishball noodle from a friend and followed her right at the first opportunity. It turned out that this one doesn’t really need any more recommendation; this very shop has been around since the end of World War II, with the original wooden noodle cabinet still in use and visible. What a treasure!

The most-coveted item on the menu is their homemade prawn wontons, but they run out early. I tried having a bowl of noodle soup with everything, but you know what, I might be there on a bad day because honestly, I didn’t feel as impressive as I was led out to be. But all in all, not too bad, can go back and try again, hence on this list.

Jeng Kung is the name of the owner's brother. Now it's sold as a 3rd generation.

Jack Lua is his wife. Brother Kae is waiting to serve customers in the shop. The
shop opens at 10 o'clock, closes at 2 o'clock, but if the fish balls run out, they close first. Which Jay said that most of the afternoon, it's closed.
Oh, ask Jay. This alley is called chicken alley.

Old 29-03-2022, 08:20 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 835 / Power: 13
ExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to behold

Building exterior

It is said to be a known delicious restaurant to local. The food was indeed nice. I dunno exact location but it was near River City and around Thalat Noi area. I just follow her and I only know how to makan.

Old 29-03-2022, 08:35 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 835 / Power: 13
ExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to behold

Baan Rim Naam

This one also got food lah but we ended up here more for drink and relax relax sabai sabai. Just outside the surrounding, I saw 3 different group each with one chiobu and one or two guy taking photo of her. Dunno whether there are model, trainee model or whatevr but all 3 chio and 1 is a stunner.

Old 01-04-2022, 06:08 PM
Veteran Samster

SeeMorakot (ร้านข้าวหมูแดง สีมรกต)

Price: From USD $1-5 / approx. 30 -150 Baht
Address: 960-962 Soi Petchaburi 30, New Petchaburi Road, Makkasan, Ratchawithi, Bangkok. Coordinate here
Getting there: Located on the edge of Chinatown, look for a restaurant with green walls.The nearest station is Hua Lamphong MRT
Opening hours: Daily from 11am to 7pm

What sets Seemorakot apart and keeps locals coming back year after years, is how they use charcoal to barbecue the pork. The cooking process takes hours which requires tremendous patience and care.
Seemorakot has managed to retain the years old cooking process, and passed it on through different generations for over 70 years now.

Not only is the pork tender and moist, but it also has that woody/smoky aroma which is hard to find at other Khao Moo Dang places these days.
In addition to BBQ pork, they also cook crispy pork belly, and Chinese sausages the same way – and you can order them all in one plate.

Old 04-04-2022, 02:42 PM
Veteran Samster

Heng Heng Chicken Rice

Located in: Phrom Phong (In front of Great Shanghai Restaurant, next to Emporium shopping mall)
Sukhumvit Road
Address: 622 Sukhumvit Rd, Khlong Tan, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand, Bangkok
Open daily: 17:00 – until sold out

If you’re tired of overpriced mall food, this food cart parked near the entrance of luxury mall Emporium offers the perfect solution. There is only one thing on the menu: Hainanese-style chicken rice that got all the components right. The fragrant rice is packed with garlicky flavors, while the boiled chicken is juicy and tender. A fried option is also on the offer and the chicken is served crispy and not too greasy. For parties of two or more, a slightly peppery-sweet soup with whole chicken bone is served. Here’s the tricky part—trying to nab a seat is like a game of musical chairs. The minute you spot an empty chair, seize it as fast as you can. Otherwise, the remaining alternative is to take your place in the notoriously long queue for take-away orders—or eat while standing.

Old 09-04-2022, 10:10 AM
Veteran Samster

Heng Chun Seng Beef Hotpot Noodles

Soi Tha Ruea 7, Sunthon Kosa road, Bangkok 10330
Tel: +66 97 017 7949, +66 2249 2329
Opening Hours: 7am – 8.30pm (Mon – Fri), 7am-4.30pm (Sat, Sun & Public Holidays)|
Expected Damage: THB120 – THB160 (approx. S$5.10 – S$6.70) per pax

Legendary Street Thai Beef Hotpot & Noodles In Bangkok

Thai beef noodles are all about a rich and thick beef broth, with soft beef parts that have been simmering in the soup for hours. If you are a fan of this local delight, you have to pay Heng Chun Seng Beef Hotpot Noodles a visit.

Located on Rama 4 Road, this shop has been around for over 60 years, third generation of beef hotpot masters. The signature dish here is the beef hotpot (it also comes in a pork version). Hungry locals crowd this restaurant throughout its opening hours.

We frequent Heng Chun Seng Beef Hotpot Noodles and we note that it is always crowded. Be prepared to wait for a little, especially at lunch hours.

Psst, we also recommend a food cart that sometimes stops in front of this shop. It sells fried sweet potato, banana, taro and sweet potato balls. These, particularly the sweet potato balls, make a really good after-meal snack. It is only there occasionally, so that will depend on your luck!

Old 11-04-2022, 10:10 AM
Veteran Samster

Doy Kuay Teow Reua (ต้อยก๋วยเตี๋ยวเรือ)

Address: Ratchawithi Soi 18 (Wat Makok), Thanon Ratchawithi, Bangkok 10400
Open Hours: Daily from 8 am – 6 pm
Phone: 081-619-1925
Prices: 15 THB per bowl

How to get there:
The closest BTS station is Victory Monument, and once you’re on the skywalk facing the monument you need to hang a left on Ratchawithi, cross the street, walk down the sidewalk (you’ll pass Tops Supermarket), until you reach Soi 18. Walk down Soi 18 about 100 meters and you’ll come to a temple. Walk around the temple to the backside and you’ll discover the hidden boat noodle restaurant.

There are countless places to eat kuay teow reua (boat noodles ก๋วยเตี๋ยวเรือ) in Bangkok, and we’ve written about quite a few spots here on Eating Thai Food.

But Bangkok is a huge city with everlasting culinary gems, and just a 10 minute walk from the boat noodle alley at Victory Monument is Doy Kuay Teow Reua (ต้อยก๋วยเตี๋ยวเรือ), a restaurant serving even higher quality, better tasting, boat noodles (in my opinion).

As you can see from the photo above, they take their broth seriously, it’s indeed quite a notch above the boat noodles at Saphan Taksin.

It’s dark, thick, rich, and each bowl already comes pretty well seasoned with chillies and spices – I barely needed to add anything extra to make it perfectly flavored.

If you’re crazy about boat noodles, you’re going to marvel at the noodles served at Doy Kuay Teow Reua (ต้อยก๋วยเตี๋ยวเรือ). They will ignite your taste buds and you’ll probably have to tie yourself down to not continually eat forever.

Located next to the canal and behind a temple, the ambiance is quiet and relaxing, making for the perfect boat noodle dining atmosphere.

Old 19-04-2022, 10:42 AM
Veteran Samster

Kor Panich Mango Sticky Rice

431 433 Thanon Tanao, San Chao Pho Sua, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand
Tel: +66 2 221 3554
Opening Hours: 7am – 6:30pm (Mon – Sat), Closed Sun

This iconic Thai dessert is made with glutinous rice, fresh mango and coconut milk, and eaten with a spoon or sometimes the hands.

When in Bangkok, the traditional Thai dessert mango sticky rice is everywhere, sold by street vendors to high end restaurants, in fanciful cafes presenting it in instagrammable fashion.

Legendary mango sticky rice shop Kor Panich has been serving this classic Thai dessert in Bangkok since 1947. Their recipe comes straight out of the royal kitchen, where the mother of the current owner used to work. In fact, members of the royal family still reportedly visit the restaurant regularly. Here’s why it’s one of our favourite places to feast on mango sticky rice in Bangkok.

Kor Panich uses popular Nam Dok Mai mangos for their desserts, which have an exceptionally juicy, sweet taste. The mangos are good all year round but are best during the mango season (April till June). Their rice is imported from Chiang Rai, an area renowned for producing some of the best quality sticky rice in Thailand. A portion of mango sticky rice costs 100 THB. Kor Panich sells other desserts and candies, including delicious sticky rice with Thai custard (50 THB).

Old 23-04-2022, 12:00 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1521 / Power: 11
ArmKarn has a brilliant futureArmKarn has a brilliant futureArmKarn has a brilliant futureArmKarn has a brilliant futureArmKarn has a brilliant futureArmKarn has a brilliant futureArmKarn has a brilliant futureArmKarn has a brilliant futureArmKarn has a brilliant futureArmKarn has a brilliant futureArmKarn has a brilliant future

Bro Naka_Timo,

Which branch of Somboon Seafood Restaurant is the best ?

Thanks
Old 23-04-2022, 07:50 PM
Veteran Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmKarn View Post
Bro Naka_Timo,

Which branch of Somboon Seafood Restaurant is the best ?

Thanks
Your best may not be my best. My best may not be your best.

Old 27-04-2022, 11:19 AM
Veteran Samster

Ob Aroi Town In Town

Address: Soi LADPRAO94, Wang Thonglang, Khet Wang Thonglang, Bangkok, 10310
Phone: +66 65 876 6555
Operating hour: 10:30am to 10pm daily

Good mango sticky rice is so tasty here that it will surely become one of your favorite food. Choose between indoor and outdoor seating. The cool staff works hard, stays positive and makes this place wonderful. The fabulous service is a big plus of this restaurant.

The beginning of The "delicious bakery" started 20 years ago with the familiar image of a small shopper, a wheelchair and 4 other tables to park in front of high school students familiar to pass on the road. Sriracha with just 4 menus: shrimp, vermicelli, crab, vermicelli, mussels and scallops. With the intention and caring. To cook each pot. Including the meticulous to choose. Good quality fresh and clean customers are attracted and subsidized.

Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1