The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature

Notices

Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature Visit Sam's Alfresco Heaven. Singapore's best Alfresco Coffee Experience! If you're up to your ears with all this Sex Talk and would like to take a break from it all to discuss other interesting aspects of life in Singapore,  pop over and join in the fun.

User Tag List

Old 05-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Sam's RSS Feed Bot - I'm not Human. Don't talk to me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10000241 / Power: 3356
Sammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Divorce lawyer for men...

An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

Based on his view, I think this lawyer should not be considered. His mind is already made up that all women should get the money.

Quote:
Grant nominal maintenance for all women: Forum Print Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email
Source : Straits Times
Date : 02 May 2014

UNDER our current laws, women are entitled to maintenance after divorce, regardless of their financial status ("Maintenance not an unalloyed right of women: Judge"; April 22).

They may be granted nominal maintenance or no maintenance, depending on the facts of the case.

The woman gets no maintenance when sufficient financial arrangements have been made for her in the division of matrimonial assets.

Nominal maintenance orders preserve the woman's right to claim for more maintenance if her life circumstances change, for example, if she has serious health issues that prevent her from continuing to work.

Varying the nominal maintenance order is difficult as she has to prove a material change in her circumstances, and the financial situation of her former husband will also be considered.

I am of the view that nominal maintenance orders must be made for all women, regardless of their income levels.

It is the norm for the man to be the head of the household; he is expected to care for his wife and children. Women, regardless of income levels, make substantial contributions to the marriage in terms of bearing children, caring for them and running the household.

That is why credit is given to them under our divorce laws. To usurp the right to maintenance is to discredit the role women play in marriage and in society.

We need to be very careful in awarding maintenance to men. Some may decide not to work at all and instead rely on their former wives. The only exception would be if the man was a house-husband during the marriage, with the decision made jointly by the couple, and the wife provided for him and the family accordingly.

As a family lawyer, I have received complaints about the Women's Charter from both male and female clients. The law clearly cannot satisfy all parties. It can make only fair orders, taking into account the unique facts and circumstances of each case.

I am for the full revamp of the Women's Charter to reflect current changes in the family unit, where men play a bigger role in the care of children, and the changing status of women.

The name needs to be changed to make it gender-neutral and to address the needs of the family unit. The new statute must amalgamate current legislation such as the Adoption of Children Act and the Guardianship of Infants Act.

I also hope the changes make child custody gender-neutral and provide legislation to ensure smoother child access for divorced fathers.

Rajan Chettiar

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1