The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 19-07-2004, 02:11 AM
liubei39

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: / Power: 0
Symptoms of Herpes?

Hullo bros out there...

Lately there's something wrong with my dick, and i am really worried i might have contracted herpes in one of my sexual encounters. I know I probably should go and see a doctor first, but i feel a little disgraced and embarrassed about talking about it to a doctor. And also don't know if he will write this down in my medical records and anyone will know about this.

The color of my dick head used to be red, but now it is pale, almost skin color. The top seems to become a layer of white skin. During sex, it isn't as sensitive as before, sometimes i can't even get it up infront of a beautiful nude girl. I usually need at least 1 day rest in between sex in order to have my dick working properly. Now i'm only 27.

Another problem is, a couple of weeks ago, the whole penis head was really very itchy, but no pain. i applied some antiseptic cream, and now it's not itchy any more but i can see small tiny red spots on the penis head when it is erect. Yesterday, just after sex, I found a slightly bigger red spot which doesn't feel painful. Beside it, it looks like skin abrasion leaving behind a small hole. Again, I don't feel any pain.

Are these just injuries sustained after vigorous sex?

What are the symptoms of herpes, and how long does it take to appear?

Where should I see a doctor who is familiar with such tests and can give me good advice/medication?

I exercise 3 times a week, take multivitamins everyday. Haven't fall sick in 2 years. So I don't know if i might have herpes and the symptoms don't show, or otherwise.

Hope some kind brudders out there can give me some advice on this... Really regret coming to this site in the first place to look at FRs now... 2 years ago those FR really made me so curious just wanted to try... now i feel really regretful.... worried about my dick everyday.
Old 19-07-2004, 06:02 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2800 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Symptoms of Herpes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liubei39
Hullo bros out there...

What are the symptoms of herpes, and how long does it take to appear?
http://www.ashastd.org/hrc/educate.html
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/f...splay.php?f=67

What is herpes?

Herpes is caused by a virus: the herpes simplex virus (HSV).

HSV is in a family of viruses called herpesviruses. This family includes Epstein-Barr virus, the cause of mono; and varicella zoster, the cause of chicken pox and shingles.

Although there are several viruses in the herpesvirus family, each are separate viruses and different from one another.

There are two types of herpes simplex; herpes simplex type 1 (HSV-1) and herpes simplex type 2 (HSV-2).

HSV is a common and usually mild recurrent skin condition.

HSV can cause oral herpes (cold sores or fever blisters on the mouth or facial area) as well as genital herpes (similar symptoms in the genital region).

The majority of oral herpes cases are caused by HSV-1 and the majority of genital herpes cases are caused by HSV-2; however, both type-1 and type-2 can occur in the genitals, oral area or both.

How common is herpes?

About 50 percent to 80 percent of the adult population in the United States has oral herpes.

Most people contract oral herpes when they are children by receiving a kiss from a friend or relative.

About one in five adults in the United States has genital herpes, however as many as 90 percent are unaware that they have the virus

Anyone who is sexually active can contract genital herpes.

How can a person get genital herpes?

Any person who is sexually active can get genital herpes.

Herpes is transmitted through direct skin-to-skin contact. This occurs when a contagious area comes into contact with a mucous membrane, primarily the mouth and genitals.

Most skin on the body is too thick for the virus to go through.

If a person with oral herpes performs oral sex, it is possible for the partner to get genital herpes.

If a person with genital herpes has sex, it is possible for his or her partner to get genital herpes.

Herpes can be transmitted when there are no symptoms present.

There are several days throughout the year (called asymptomatic reactivation, asymptomatic shedding or subclinical shedding) when a person can be contagious without having a symptom.

There are no documented cases of a person getting genital herpes from an inanimate object such as a toilet seat, bathtub or towel. Herpes is a very fragile virus and does not live long on surfaces.

Genital Herpes Symptoms - When, What, Where and How Often
While some people realize that they have genital herpes, many do not. It is estimated that one in five adults in the United States has genital herpes, however, as many as 90% are unaware that they have the virus. This is because many people have very mild symptoms or no symptoms at all. Because symptoms can vary a great deal, we recommend that an individual see a health care provider to obtain a culture of the symptom.

When do symptoms appear?

A person may show symptoms within days after contracting genital herpes, or it may take weeks, months or years.

Some people may have a severe outbreak within days after contracting the virus.

Some people may have a first outbreak so mild that they do not notice it.

It can be difficult for people to know when and from whom they may have contracted the virus.

What are the signs or symptoms of genital herpes?
Outbreaks of genital herpes can vary greatly from person to person. They can be mild for one individual and severe for another. Symptoms may last for up to 3 to 4 weeks, but they usually heal within 2 to 12 days. Symptoms may include the following:

One or more sores, blisters, cuts, pimples, bumps or a rash

Itching, burning or tingling in the genital area · Aches or pains in the genital area

Flu-like symptoms (headache, fever, swollen glands in lymph nodes near groin)

Painful urination and a discharge (vaginal or penile) are possible, but uncommon, symptoms for genital herpes

Many people have outbreaks that heal quickly, cause no pain or occur in an unnoticeable spot. People sometimes mistake herpes outbreaks for:

- Insect bites??
- Jock itch

- Yeast infections
- Ingrown hair follicles

- Abrasions or razor burn
- Hemorrhoids

Where do symptoms of genital herpes appear?
When a person has genital herpes, the virus lies dormant (sleeps) in the bundle of nerves at the base of the spine. When the virus reactivates (wakes up), it travels nerve paths to the surface of the skin, sometimes causing an outbreak. The nerves in the genitals, upper thighs and buttocks are connected; therefore, a person can experience outbreaks in any of these areas. Such areas include:

- Vagina?
- Vulva

- Penis ?
- Scrotum or testicles

- Anus
- Buttocks

- Thigh
?

How often do outbreaks of genital herpes occur?

The amount of outbreaks someone has varies from person to person.

The average number of outbreaks per year is four to five.

The first outbreak may be the most extreme outbreak a person will have.

Usually, there are more outbreaks during the first year.

Many people find that recurrences tend to lessen in severity and frequency with time.

Illness, poor diet, emotional or physical stress, friction, surgical trauma and steroidal medication (such as asthma treatment) may trigger a herpes outbreak.

The frequency of outbreaks can often be managed through effective stress management, and getting adequate rest, nutrition and exercise.

How can people find out if they have genital herpes?

If symptoms of genital herpes appear, they can vary widely from person to person. If a person does experience visible symptoms, we recommend obtaining a culture test within the first 48 hours after symptoms appear. Beyond 48 hours, there is a risk of receiving a false negative test result because symptoms may have begun to heal and there is not enough virus left on the skin to culture.

Blood tests can be used when a person has no visible symptoms but has concerns about having herpes.? Blood tests do not actually detect the virus; instead, they look for antibodies (the body’s immune response) in the blood.

There are many older blood tests commercially available, but most are not accurate because they cannot accurately distinguish between antibodies for type-1 and type-2 herpes. This makes it possible to get a false positive result, especially for HSV-2.

There are currently two blood tests available that can give accurate results for herpes. Like any blood test, these tests cannot determine whether the site of infection is oral or genital. However, since most cases of genital herpes are caused by HSV-2, a positive result for type-2 antibodies most likely indicates genital herpes. For the most accurate result, it is recommended to wait at least 12 - 16 weeks from the last possible expose to herpes before getting an accurate blood test to allow enough time for antibodies to develop.

These accurate tests are:

HSV-1 and HSV-2 tests from Focus Technologies (formerly MRL Diagnostics).

Herpes Western blot

There are two blood tests manufactured by Focus Technologies under the name HerpeSelect.? Both of these tests require blood to be drawn by your health care provider and sent off to a lab that carries HerpeSelect for results. The accuracy of these tests is very good. If you are interested in HerpeSelect you can log on to www.herpeselect.com or call 1-800-505-0536.

The Herpes Western blot can also accurately distinguish between type-1 and type-2. However, this test is primarily only used for research purposes and is not readily available. If you are interested in the Herpes Western blot, your doctor will need to call the University of Washington in Seattle, WA at 1-206-598-6066 to order the test.?

You may have also heard about a test called the POCkit® HSV-2 Rapid Test that can be done in a doctor's office and provide results for type-2 in less than 10 minutes.? The manufacturer, Diagnology, has stated that this test is no longer available as of June 2003.? However, they hope the test will be available at some point in the future.

BLOOD TEST QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE

How can someone reduce the risk of contracting genital herpes?

Any sexually active person may contract genital herpes. Ways to reduce risk include:

If someone has a symptom around the mouth (oral herpes), she or he should not perform oral sex until all signs have healed.

If someone has signs or symptoms around the genital region (genital herpes), he or she should not have sexual activity until all signs have healed.

When there are no symptoms present, using latex condoms for genital-to-genital contact reduces the risk of transmission.

One antiviral medication for herpes, valacyclovir (Valtrex®), has recently been shown to reduce the risk of herpes transmission. When taken daily by a person with a history of recurrent genital herpes, valacyclovir can reduce the risk of transmission to a partner who does not have the virus by 50%. It’s likely that a combination of suppressive valacyclovir and condoms provides greater protection than either method alone.

Microbicides/Spermicides have not been proven to reduce the risk of transmission. If used, they should be used with a condom, not in place of one.

Partner communication. It is important for both partners to become educated about herpes and to make decisions together about which precautions are best.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates
Old 19-07-2004, 06:34 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1101 / Power: 21
Aegis-Mortis has much to be proud ofAegis-Mortis has much to be proud ofAegis-Mortis has much to be proud ofAegis-Mortis has much to be proud ofAegis-Mortis has much to be proud ofAegis-Mortis has much to be proud ofAegis-Mortis has much to be proud ofAegis-Mortis has much to be proud ofAegis-Mortis has much to be proud of

well, whatever the case is, i suggest you better seek the doctor, better a few minutes of shame than years of regret.

I suppose you dont have to visit your family doctor, but another doctor elsewhere.
Old 20-07-2004, 01:49 AM
liubei39

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: / Power: 0

From the article, it sounds like herpes is almost as common as the flu virus. I think possibly 90% chance I already have it. And since it can't be cured, the only way is to maintain a healthy lifestyle to prevent outbreaks. Even getting accurate test results seem difficult. As long as it's not life threatening, I guess I'll have to live with it....

It just occurred to me, since it is so common, could we get it from blood transfusions? Do the people do tests on blood donors for herpes? Or possibly using the same eating utensils, sharing a drink? My god... who knows perhaps 90% of singaporeans have it?

Maybe i'll get killed in a car accident or SARS before i get a serious outbreak.

Thanks. I feel much better now, knowing that more than half the world might have it. But nonetheless, I am giving up casual sex completely from now onwards. Do any of u brudders out there worry about contracting herpes?
Old 20-07-2004, 05:53 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute

Herpes is extremely common and most people who are infected never have any outbreaks and are not even aware that they carry the virus.

Herpes cannot be transmitted via blood transfusions as the virus is not carried in the bloodstream. It resides in the nervous system.

Quote:

It just occurred to me, since it is so common, could we get it from blood transfusions? Do the people do tests on blood donors for herpes? Or possibly using the same eating utensils, sharing a drink? My god... who knows perhaps 90% of singaporeans have it?

Maybe i'll get killed in a car accident or SARS before i get a serious outbreak.

Thanks. I feel much better now, knowing that more than half the world might have it. But nonetheless, I am giving up casual sex completely from now onwards. Do any of u brudders out there worry about contracting herpes?
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

Old 20-07-2004, 02:32 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3348 / Power: 21
lacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond reputelacoruna69 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bros,
if Herpes is as common as the Flu,
what good does it do to test for Herpes when we go for STD tests???
it makes no sense whether we are tested +ve or -ve.....
and any 3 out of 4 adults we meet everyday in our lives could be carrying the virus.
this sounds more deadly than the HIV....
can't wait for Armageddon to arrive....
Old 20-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Samster

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 386 / Power: 21
MachoDevilX is a living Saint! - you won't find betterMachoDevilX is a living Saint! - you won't find betterMachoDevilX is a living Saint! - you won't find betterMachoDevilX is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoruna69
Hi Bros,
if Herpes is as common as the Flu,
what good does it do to test for Herpes when we go for STD tests???
it makes no sense whether we are tested +ve or -ve.....
and any 3 out of 4 adults we meet everyday in our lives could be carrying the virus.
this sounds more deadly than the HIV....
can't wait for Armageddon to arrive....
Please look through Sam's previous post.
There are 2 types of herpes. The oral herpes are extermely common and the genital herpes are less common. Hence, checking for STD is mainly for genital herpes since it will endanger your partner if you have sex with her when you have an outbreak.
Old 20-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Samster

MachoDevilX is a living Saint! - you won't find betterMachoDevilX is a living Saint! - you won't find betterMachoDevilX is a living Saint! - you won't find betterMachoDevilX is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:

Or possibly using the same eating utensils, sharing a drink? My god... who knows perhaps 90% of singaporeans have it?
Bro, Sharing eating utensils with a person who have an outbreak of oral herpes will increase your chance of getting it. This includes sharing drinks as well. That was why if you are eating outside in a restaurant/coffee shop/others, and if the eating utensils are not washed throughly and it happened that the previous user has an outbreak of oral herpes, then the next user of the utensils will get it as well.
Old 20-07-2004, 05:20 PM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoDevilX
Please look through Sam's previous post.
There are 2 types of herpes. The oral herpes are extermely common and the genital herpes are less common. Hence, checking for STD is mainly for genital herpes since it will endanger your partner if you have sex with her when you have an outbreak.
Because oral sex is so widely practised as a prelude to vaginal sex, many genital herpes infections nowadays are, in fact, caused by by HSV1 (the oral herpes virus) and the boundaries between the two are blurred.

It is estimated that about 30% of the population carries the HSV2 virus while 80% carry the HSV1 virus. However, HSV1 carriers can still infect their sex partners in the genital area if they perform oral sex during an outbreak or while they shedding the virus even though symptoms are absent.

Bottom line... don't worry too much about herpes... it is no big deal.

Old 20-07-2004, 06:06 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboyfor
Bottom line... don't worry too much about herpes... it is no big deal.
Yaloh. I agree...
Old 20-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 1058 / Power: 21
thaigers has much to be proud ofthaigers has much to be proud ofthaigers has much to be proud ofthaigers has much to be proud ofthaigers has much to be proud ofthaigers has much to be proud ofthaigers has much to be proud ofthaigers has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboyfor
Bottom line... don't worry too much about herpes... it is no big deal...
its a big deal. i will present the associated damages cause by HSV when u are infected with Herpes virus.
Old 20-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 54 / Power: 22
Horndawg deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

actually bro what you have sounds like it might be syphillis... i would get it checked out just to be safe
Old 20-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Samster

thaigers has much to be proud ofthaigers has much to be proud ofthaigers has much to be proud ofthaigers has much to be proud ofthaigers has much to be proud ofthaigers has much to be proud ofthaigers has much to be proud ofthaigers has much to be proud of

The following are taken from a text book. sorry for the technical jargon.

>>HSV 1 and 2 are genetically similar and cause a similar set of primary and recurrent infections.

>>both virus replicate in the skin and mucous membranes at the site of the entrance of the virus (oropharynx or genitals), where they cause vesicular lesions of the epidermis (skin) and infect the neurons that infect these locations.

>>reactivation of HSV 1 and 2 may occur repeatedly with or without the symptoms and results in the spread of virus from the neurons to the skin or mucous membranes.

>>HSV 1 is the cause of major blindness and of fatal sporadic encephalitis in the US when the virus spread to the brain.

Scary....
Old 21-07-2004, 05:44 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

It all depends on how you want to view things. Put it this way.... road accidents caused the deaths of more than 6000 teenages in the USA last year. Tens of thousands more were maimed for life.

However, I'm sure you have no problems getting into a car on a daily basis.

All diseases can lead to complications. In Australia, more than a 100 people die every year as a result of minor thorn pricks sustained during gardening which turn sceptic and lead to blood poisoning.

The common flu virus kills thousands every year too.

The herpes virus is so widespread that avoiding exposure is simply impossible... short of NEVER EVER having skin to skin contact with ANYONE from the day you are born. You don't need to have sex to catch herpes.. just a quick kiss on the lips can transmit the virus.

You'd have to live life in a sterilised glass bubble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaigers
The following are taken from a text book. sorry for the technical jargon.

>>HSV 1 and 2 are genetically similar and cause a similar set of primary and recurrent infections.

>>both virus replicate in the skin and mucous membranes at the site of the entrance of the virus (oropharynx or genitals), where they cause vesicular lesions of the epidermis (skin) and infect the neurons that infect these locations.

>>reactivation of HSV 1 and 2 may occur repeatedly with or without the symptoms and results in the spread of virus from the neurons to the skin or mucous membranes.

>>HSV 1 is the cause of major blindness and of fatal sporadic encephalitis in the US when the virus spread to the brain.

Scary....

Old 21-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Samster

How many ppl here actually think genital herpes is no big deal??
It maybe as common as the flu. When you have a flu, will ppl come near you?

As for herpes, this is a disease contracted largely through sexual contact (since its classified as a STI) . Would you tell someone you have genital herpes? How would your partner feel when you tell them you have genital herpes?

Would anyone here fuck a WL if she tells you beforehand that she has genital herpes (even though you know how its transmitted)? If your answer is yes, I guess its no big deal then..

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1